Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tracy's Tuesday Tech Tip: Starting the Year Strong

Welcome to the 2015-2016 School Year!

One of the great things about teaching, is that each year we get to start fresh - new memories to make, new class dynamics, new students, and the intangibles of the unknown. I love the start of the new school year because I always try to go into it feeling prepared and ready to go for the new kids, eagerly looking forward to whatever will come.

Many people know that I am a planner - I often say that to my coworkers that very comment when I am asking tons of questions and preparing that "I am a planner, and enjoy getting everything in order." While charts, tables, seating arrangements are all great, it doesn't exactly prepare us for an extra student added to our class last minute, or other things that occur that we can never get ready for the first few days of school.

So what can you do to get started and how does that involve technology? One thing that I have taken into use is creating Google Forms to draw learner surveys and interest as a means to get to know my students and for them to create goals for themselves. It's also a great way to have a quick exit ticket reflection at the end of class!

Another medium I have begun using this year is Google Classroom. So far, I love it - ways to give personalized feedback, and the platform itself is very efficient and very easy to navigate for student use. A great medium to use with iPads, Chromebooks or any device!

Have you used technology to kick off the year to find out your learner variability? Share with us so we can learn and grow together!

No comments:

Post a Comment