As I asked my student tech team to share their thoughts out about being a part of a Waukesha One School, one student decided to write very her five sentence response as follows:
- Technology has changed my school year by making homework fun.
- It also has changed my school year by doing homework at home with apps that make more sense.
- Even if you don't have internet you can still get to cool stuff on it thats helping us learn.
- It is way better than doing homework on paper.
- We can put timers on are iPads so we wake up on time for school.
Admittedly, I may have chuckled a bit about sentences four and five. But I find too often we forget the little things as we take on Waukesha One - learning how to search on the Spotlight feature of our iPads, app organization that "makes sense" for our students, as well as just giving access to our learners to these digital tools!!!!
With our upcoming March Madness Mania Event on Tuesday, where we are making college connections and tying in the use of SDW Core Apps such as QR Code Reader, Google Drive & Explain Everything, we not only differentiates learning with audible cues for directions, but also works to engage our learners with our technology tools and to describe their learning connections and analysis by creating a presentation.
Get ready for tip off on Monday, March 31st - If you're interested in more info, please let us know! Sharing the excitement on Tuesday with you!!
In the meantime, Go Badgers!!!!