As I thought about the many innovative tools, I thought to one of our team members, Lynn Rice, as she has taken on Blackboard 9. Me, I know about Blackboard 9 and use it for professional development and am working on my personal site, I am a beginner compared to all that Lynn has created. She has created her BB9 site as what could serve as The Tipping Point for her students' learning by building out a hub of knowledge, links for engagement, and with its' simple yet artistic design with bi-literacy components, salesmen to involve students in furthered learning opportunities.
Click the screenshot below for a closer view and try it out today - talk with SDW District Tech Team to start up your Blackboard 9 Site and get rolling. Baby steps - I'm taking them along with you!!!
- Online Hub of Information
- Easily add rubrics and assessments
- Serves as a portal for students and families
- Web-based or iPad App
- Begin a new unit with links and resources within the site - ease for you and ease for students.
- Grade using a rubric that is easily attachable to a submitted assignment.
- Color-code into different modules/subjects and add visuals for different learning styles.
Pst!!!: Also check out the various online resources in the Waukesha One PD Blackboard Sites in our SDW Portal!!! A lot of good info to help get started!
What are your ideas? Have you tried Blackboard - what has your experience been with various portals or websites? Reflect, share & comment as we look to learn more from you and collaborate together!
*Special Thanks to our Team Member Lynn Rice for allowing me to share her awesome work!*