Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tracy's Tuesday Tech Tip: Thanking Teachers

Today, This Week, is about YOU.

For me, it wasn't just one person. It was a multitude.

I have been blessed throughout my educational career to be surrounded by people who care about each other and care about the profession and teaching. I am surrounded by colleagues whom I'm proud to call brothers and sisters and friends in educational circles who are working to change the lives of our youth.

This day, this week, every day, every week, take a moment to remember those people that have impacted you as an educator - the teachers you had, your first class, your friends growing up, your students you have now. Gratefully, I'm inspired to call some of my former teachers now colleagues and friends, who continue to motivate and drive me daily.

Those times, those smiles that are imprinted on your heart are what makes this - teaching, technology, and more - worth every minute.

One of the favorite sayings growing up, from an educator who changed my life, may you continue to remember all the lessons you share with your students:

"A child can count the seeds in an apple. But not even the wisest man can count the apples in an appleseed." ~Chinese Proverb

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment